Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Whack of Socks

I pity the person with the second sock syndrome... maybe it's envy, it's really hard to say. In any case, with four little-boy feet and two little-big-girl feet, socks do not come by the pair at my house. They come by what the Harlot refers to as a "whack". I'm not Canadian, but - for our purposes, at least - socks come four to a whack. Of course, if you do have a problem with finishing a pair, you may want to consider knitting 'em by the whack, then. You can finish when you're half done and still have a sock for each of your feet.


Madam's slipper socks. These have actually been done for a while, but they were snatched, worn and funked before I could photograph them, so the picture had to wait until after I washed them. Generic short-row heel pattern, in Bartlett 2-ply (heavy worsted/aran) and some unknown cream color wool.



Crocs socks for little boys who are obsessive about their crocs. Again, generic flap-heel (which I like better) recipe, in sport-ish weight BFL/mohair handspun from Spinning Flock Farm. Lovely and soft. I will totally be stalking their booth at the Sheep & Wool festival in a couple of months. (Yes, those socks ARE all the same size. Really. It's just the stacking that makes them seem off.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow finshed socks! What is that like? lol I can't seem to get anything finshed right now. Ok I didn't spin and ply my yarn this morning. lol

Anonymous said...

Love your whack of socks, but what else have you been knitting? Missed you at our Delmarva Knitters knitting group today... one lady came and brought 4 people! WoOt!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've been tagged this morning, so now you're it! List seven random facts about yourself, please... check my blog to read how to play and about mine... (of course, you don't have to do this, as I think you've disappeared from blogland... so sad.... )