Monday, November 12, 2007

Did I drop dead?

Nope. I know there are a number of people who would be surprised to hear this, since I've been in some sort of cyber-hibernation but, as it turns out, I am alive and knittin'! And, of course, geekin'.

There are several reasons for my absence. One is that my laptop died. Actually, it died twice. I have named it Lazarus. Evidently, it didn't take... or there's one resurrection per customer. Hard to say. I'm not a scholar, you know.

The other major issue is that we ripped out the kitchen. I felt very poetic because we tore down the object of my oppression on Bastille Day. That's July 14th. I would now post "before and after" pictures, but I'm waiting for "after" to occur. Oh, and also, the "before" pictures are locked in the stubbornly unresponsive Lazarus. Meanwhile, we have a "functional" kitchen and I've almost moved entirely back in, which is creating some chaos on my newly expanded counter space, since there are some unfinished areas of cabinet where I can't so much put in the "stuff".

There are other WIPs... I have a trio of cabled sweaters for the wees that are only waiting for necks and sleeves. I think they would be moving faster if I worked on them. Actually, that's the plan: I'm going to put them (the children, not the sweaters) to bed early tonight and work on necks. Then, I'll concentrate on the sleeves over the rest of the week.

My green beret with the cabled band has been heard sniffling in a bag of other wooly goodies. I think it's lonely. Haven't studies shown that wool fails to thrive when deprived of human contact? I'll work on that after the sleeves. Or maybe before. You know, just to quiet the moaning.

There have been socks. And pictures of socks. See above for the explanation regarding the absence of pictures. I would take new ones but, as socks are wont to do, many have disappeared. I'm assuming they simply migrated north in the warm weather and will reappear now that it has cooled off.

Do not speak to me of delusions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a very witty, wordy comment for you, but blogger ate it. I feel your pain. Glad you are back.(Just want you to know getting a new kitchen makes me not like you any more) so there.